Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Things just got a whole lot less interesting

It took Bruce Pearl less than half an hour after the contact announcement to turn down the Iowa offer. Sweet.

University of Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl said today he’s "not interested" in the head coaching vacancy at Iowa.

"I’m not leaving Tennessee," the Vols coach said.

The University of Iowa had officially contacted Tennessee and requested permission to talk to Pearl about its job.

UT Athletics Director Mike Hamilton said today he had granted Iowa permission to speak with Pearl.

"They made contact with me this morning," Pearl said. "I listened out of respect for their program. I thanked them for their interest.

"The thing we need in this program is stability. It would be my decision to be at Tennessee for a long time."

No comments: