Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Another recruiting violation

Hey, remember a few hours ago when I wrote about that Jake Kelly kid taking calls from Alford? Yeah, turns out he wasn't the only one Alford called.

From the P-C:

HawkeyeNation.com quotes Cole as saying that both Alford and associate head coach Craig Neal are trying to lure him to New Mexico.

"It could be an option," Cole told HawkeyeNation.com. "I’m not sure if that’s where I want to be at, but perhaps. They explained to me that it’s a basketball school and you don’t have to deal with football. They’re putting a bunch of money in their arena and building a practice facility that will open this year. That sounds good."
Oh boy. Kelly and Cole are both signed recruits. Let's see if this blows up any worse--I'm hoping "yes"; I wasn't ready for the Alford experience to go away so quickly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"They explained to me that it’s a basketball school and you don’t have to deal with football."

Jesus, that broken record just keeps on spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and.....

Deacon said...

I can't wait to see Barta bodyslam Alford. Take THAT, Christianity.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, you guys don't know that Barta and Alford indeed have a good relationship. Do you think Barta wanted to fire Alford? No, that's why he made sure to get him out before he had to do that to a friend. My guess is that they come up with some loop holes and this recruiting situation gets resolved peacefully.

Adam J said...

Well ho-ly crap anonymous (who came here from the Lobos' rivals.com site), I guess Alford's down there for five days, and all of a sudden everyone's a freaking expert on the politics of the UI athletic department.

Give me a break.

Anonymous said...

Carolyn!? Great to hear from you again. I've missed you. Probably not as much as Deacon (wink wink nudge nudge), but still.

You know, for a day or two, I was almost feeling kind of bad for Sheriff Lobo, but then he started, you know, talking.

Sometimes I don't know what is higher -- S.L.'s IQ, or the points averaged by his amazing motion offense.

Deacon said...

DonDon: Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds. And I see that you and Carrie are well acquainted. I'll deal with you later.

Carrie: So you made a mistake with DonDon. I understand, it was a one-time thing. I know, I know, Duluth's a crazy town. Now forget this whole "lobo" thing and come back. Daddy needs his sugar, and I'll even talk dirty for you, you filthy, disgusting whore.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Gary Barta wouldn't fire Alford because they were too busy playing grab-ass. And that's also why he so politely threw him under the bus with that comment in the DMR.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who is extremely aroused right now?

H. I.