Monday, March 5, 2007

A chance to use my favorite tag

The article is titled "Henderson steps up when it matters most" (so it doesn't matter most when Iowa's still in contention for an at-large bid? Whatever). Naturally, the first six paragraphs are about Adam Haluska.

In it, Pat Harty gives us this absolute gem, if by gem I mean "something I never cared to know about Mike Henderson or anyone else":

"He just told me to wipe my hands," Henderson said of Haluska. "It happened in the first half. I tried to shoot a ball, and it shot up above my head.

"My hands are really wet, so he just told me to go get a towel and wipe my hands off."

Mike Henderson's hands are "really wet"? What in the hell?

Harty also tosses out this, er, "enigma" of a graf:

Henderson isn't sort-of like his team. He isn't the most talented player in the conference, and he doesn't always make the smartest decisions, both on and off the court, but he refuses to give in.

So Hendo's the perfect embodiment of the team? Or the worst one possible? What?

Anyway, like I said, this is an opportunity for my favorite tag, and I will not disappoint. Ladies and gentlemen, the Pat Harty Avalanche!



God. It's almost orgasmic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Harty has photo taken. Looks at photo and says, yeah, that's good.

WTH?

Good info, btw.

Tucson