Monday, March 19, 2007

Some recruit I've never heard of sets it all straight

Gearing up for Steve Alford's departure? Counting the years until the buyout comes? Well, you might want to stop that.

It's common knowledge that before the season, AD Gary Barta extended Alford's contract through the 2011 seaon. Yes, that's depressing, seeing as how it was last century that he showed up, but you may take solace in the fact that at this point, the contract covers the next four seasons, and that's all. So that's his current status, right? We haven't heard anything different, right? Um....

"I asked him how long he was going to be at Iowa," Jeff Peterson, a senior at DeMatha High School in Hyattsville, Md., said Sunday. "He told me that he just signed a contract for five years, and I said that sounded good to me."
Five years? "Just signed" a contract?? Jesus tittyfucking Christ. Either A) Alford's been signing secret contract extensions, or B) Alford is making shit up and confusing recruits. For some strange reason, I'm not inclined to believe option A on this one.

No comments: